March 14, 2012

No holds barred

We are on the brink of installing a shiny new 'traverse wall' in the Prep School playground and I, for one, am a little excited. I've been showing the new holds to whoever passes me in the corridors, and to my pure delight, each time I present the hold, whoever I'm talking to reaches for the hold. They really are lovely and I can't wait to see people enjoying them when they are attached to a wall!

For those of you who are less familiar with all things climbing, a traverse wall is a climbing wall where the climbers climb sideways rather than up. Footholds are just millimetres off the ground, allowing users to concentrate on the delight and challenge of the movement involved in unlocking the sequence to that next (beautiful) hold. Obsessed? Just a little, and happily.



No comments:

Post a Comment